Rewards terms and conditions Italy
The MoneyGram Rewards Programme (the "Programme") is the loyalty Programme of MoneyGram payment Systems, Inc. ("MoneyGram") for recurring customers; it features a number of exclusive benefits including (a) discounts on "Money Transfer Fees"* on "Eligible Money Transfers"** through MoneyGram, (b) notification of completed Eligible Money Transfers via email and/or SMS as per the Terms and Conditions contained in Section D.2, (c) access to MoneyGram Rewards transaction history, (d) special product and service information and promotions, and (e) online services.
* "Money Transfer Fees" are fees that are associated with completed transactions within the MoneyGram system. Canceled or refunded transactions or fees will not be eligible for discounts. Money Transfer Fees do not include the foreign exchange margins applied to transactions by MoneyGram or its agents. ** "Eligible Money Transfers" are MoneyGram cash-to-cash and cash-to-account (as available) consumer transfers originating from participating locations in any country where customers are eligible to enroll in the Programme. For a list of eligible countries, please see section I9. MoneyGram has the right in its sole discretion to determine whether a particular money transfer transaction is eligible for discounts. Following the receipt of these terms and conditions you are required to express any objection you may have thereto within 7 days of such receipt. In the event you choose not to do so, you will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
MoneyGram Rewards Membership and its benefits are offered at the sole discretion of MoneyGram Payment Systems, Inc. and its affiliates ("MoneyGram" or "we" or "our" or "us"). Only individuals aged 18 years or older are eligible for enrollment and receipt of MoneyGram Rewards benefits as set forth in these Terms and Conditions and other supplementary materials (as set by MoneyGram, see Section I.1 below). Each eligible individual who is validly enrolled in the MoneyGram Rewards Programme ("Member") may maintain only one account, and accrual of or actual benefits or rewards cannot be shared or transferred at any time. Corporations, groups and/or associated entities cannot enroll as MoneyGram Rewards Members. Members shall abide by applicable law and agree not to engage in fraud or abuse in the accumulation or use of rewards and benefits. Any actual or suspected misuse of the Programme may result in immediate termination without notice at any time.
B. Enrollment in and withdrawal from Programme
Eligible individuals (see Section A. above) can enroll in the Programme in one of the following ways: (1) at a Poste Italiane location by filling in the correct form, where available; (2) by registering online at MoneyGram's website: www.moneygram.it; and (3) by calling MoneyGram Customer Service at 800.785.353. New Members are immediately given a Membership number, which will be used to access all MoneyGram Rewards membership benefits. A temporary card may be supplied at agent locations. After that, a Member must supply an agent with their Rewards Card or Membership number in order to qualify for a discount. Incomplete, reversed, fraudulent or other similar transfers do not earn discount status. A current, valid Membership number must be used to start an eligible transaction in order to qualify for a discount. After enrollment, Members will promptly (within six weeks) receive a Membership Kit in the post with a permanent plastic membership card, bearing the Member's name and membership number (the "Membership Card"), as well as Terms and Conditions and information, and information regarding Programme rewards and benefits. The Membership Card remains the property of MoneyGram and must be returned upon MoneyGram's request. For the avoidance of doubt, the Membership Card does not serve as a valid ID for the purpose of identification prior to a transaction, to the extent that such ID is required by applicable laws or regulations. Members are responsible for registering for additional benefits and services such as transaction notification, updating contact information, and specifying how they want MoneyGram to communicate with them by following the instructions set out at www.moneygram.it. MoneyGram is not responsible for errors caused by incorrect Member information. Members may withdraw at any time by informing MoneyGram that they do not wish to partake in the Programme anymore, either by calling the MoneyGram Customer Service at 800.785.353 or, as made available, on our website at www.moneygram.it. Withdrawal from the Programme shall result in the immediate termination of all membership benefits and cancellation of the Membership Card.
C. Earning MoneyGram Rewards and Benefits
1. Once validly enrolled in the MoneyGram Rewards Programme, Members will earn a discount on Money Transfer Fees charged by MoneyGram for all Eligible Money Transfers. Discounts may vary and/or be suspended for a while if and when MoneyGram chooses to restructure the Programme, and are otherwise fully subject to the provisions set forth in these Terms and Conditions, in particular their section I.1. Discounts are not redeemable or exchangeable for cash.
2. Money Transfer Fee discounts do not affect the currency exchange rates applied to transactions by MoneyGram or its agents. D. Notification of MoneyGram Transfer Completion 1. By validly electing to receive the transaction notification service, Members agree that MoneyGram may contact them via email (in accordance with their selection upon Enrollment or at anytime at www.moneygram.it) or (if the Member elects to participate in the notification service in the manner specified in Section D.2 below) to inform them that transferred funds have been disbursed. Member understands and agrees that MoneyGram may use all of the information from the transfer to provide such notification. The notification service is only for Rewards transaction notification and is not intended to be a general service for internet, email or text messaging. 2.
3. Member understands and agrees that Member is responsible for the cost of receiving all such notifications, including any telecommunication charges by a telephone (including mobile telephone) or internet service provider.
4. Member understands and acknowledges that MoneyGram will process and send the notification in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations but it does not guarantee the confidentiality or accuracy of any transaction notification and transmission is subject to network reliability. MoneyGram will initiate transaction notification via the selected method, but will rely on third parties for delivery, and therefore cannot be liable for non-delivery. MoneyGram is not responsible for any disruption to messaging systems.
5. MoneyGram retains all ownership rights in the notification messages, and Member agrees to only use the notification messages as contemplated by the Terms and Conditions.
6. Notifications will be sent 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Certain types of MoneyGram delivery or receive mechanisms will not be eligible for this notification service (example: home delivery and bank account deposit).
7. To discontinue email transaction notification service, notify MoneyGram Rewards via the following methods, as applicable: (1) go to www.moneygram.it and change your notification preferences; or (2) click on the link in the transaction notification email and confirm your decision on the confirmation web page presented.
G. Name and Address Change Address and name changes can be made at www.moneygram.it or by calling the MoneyGram Customer Service at 800.785.353. Name changes may require supporting legal documentation, signature, date, and Membership number.
H. Loss or Theft of Membership information and Membership Cards/Replacement Cards It is your responsibility to keep your Membership information (in particular, your membership number, user name and password) confidential, as it may be used by third parties to access your Account Status, which may contain information about pending transactions, i.e. transactions that were not yet paid out to the intended recipient. If you think that your Membership information has been improperly accessed by a third party, or that your Membership Card has been lost or stolen, you should contact the MoneyGram Customer Service at 800.785.353 immediately. MoneyGram is not liable for any loss, theft or other misappropriation of sent funds, Rewards or other benefits entailed in the Programme, or other damages incurred due to lost or stolen Membership information or Membership Cards. Members may request a new MoneyGram Rewards card at any time by calling the MoneyGram Customer Service at 800.785.353. A small fee may be required if multiple replacements are requested. You will not lose your Rewards status if your Rewards card is lost, stolen or damaged.
I. General Participation Requirements
1. Participation in the Rewards Programme is subject to the terms and conditions, rules, regulations, policies and procedures ("Terms and Conditions") that MoneyGram may, in its discretion, adopt from time to time. MoneyGram has the right to change, limit, modify or cancel Terms and Conditions, including rewards and levels or individual Memberships or eliminate the entire Programme, at any time without notice, as allowed by applicable law. If Terms and Conditions are changed, it may result in a loss of all earned rewards and benefits; Programme or individual Membership termination will result in forfeit of all rewards and benefits and no compensation will be provided. MoneyGram may amend the Terms and Conditions at any time. In the event of change or cancellation of the Terms and Conditions, reasonable advance notice will be provided on www.moneygram.it and Members will be given reasonable advance notice. MoneyGram has the sole discretion to interpret and apply the Terms and Conditions, which in each case shall be final and conclusive. Continued use of the Rewards Programme and any associated benefits shall be considered acceptance of all changes, modifications, etc., to the Programme. If MoneyGram amends the Terms and Conditions in a significant manner with which you do not agree, you may withdraw from the Programme by informing MoneyGram that you do not wish to partake in the Programme anymore, either by calling the MoneyGram Customer Service at 800.785.353 or on our website at www.moneygram.it.
2. Each Member is responsible for reading the MoneyGram Rewards Terms and Conditions etc., in order to understand and comply with the Programme. Members are responsible for ensuring discounts are properly applied; discounts cannot be applied retroactively.
3. Discounts and benefits earned through MoneyGram Rewards may be subject to tax liability. Any tax reporting or liability connected with the receipt or use of the MoneyGram Rewards Programme is the responsibility of the Member.
4. MoneyGram's failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions because of an act of God, war, fire, riot, terrorism, earthquake, actions of any government for any reason, shall not be considered a breach of MoneyGram's obligations. If any of these types of events occur, MoneyGram may terminate the entire Programme in its sole discretion with no obligation to the Member.
5. The laws of Italy, without regard to its conflict of laws or rules will govern the Terms and Conditions for Members and MoneyGram.
6. If MoneyGram fails to act or utilize any of its rights indicated in the Terms and Conditions, MoneyGram is not waiving its right to act in the future.
7. You may not assign or transfer your Membership Card or this Agreement without MoneyGram's prior written consent. MoneyGram reserves the right to assign this Agreement.
8. The Terms and Conditions make up the entire agreement between Member and MoneyGram, and replaces any prior understandings or agreements (oral or written) regarding the Rewards Programme. If a court finds any of these Terms and Conditions to be unenforceable or invalid, the remaining Terms and Conditions will remain valid and enforceable. The Rewards Programme is void where prohibited by law. For the avoidance of doubt, the terms and conditions governing each Eligible Money Transfer will govern that Eligible Money Transfer. In the event of a conflict between these Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions governing an Eligible Money Transfer, the terms and conditions governing such Eligible Money Transfer will control.
9. Customers can make Eligible Money Transfers in the following countries: Germany
J. Limitations of Liability
1. EXCEPT IN CASES OF GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILFUL MISCONDUCT, NEITHER WE, OUR AFFILIATES NOR OUR PARTNERS NOR ANY OF OUR OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS ("MONEYGRAM GROUP") SHALL HAVE ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM, LOSS, INJURY, DAMAGE, DELAY, TRAVEL CANCELLATION, ACCIDENT, COST OR EXPENSE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS' FEES AND COSTS OF SUIT), NOR FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO REVENUE, PROFITS, SAVINGS, GOODWILL OR DATA) (COLLECTIVELY, "LOSSES AND DAMAGES"), DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO (A) THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, (B) THE MONEYGRAM REWARDS PROGRAMME OR WWW.MONEYGRAM.IT or ASSOCIATED WEBSITES; (C) ANY FAILURE, DELAY OR DECISION BY US IN ADMINISTERING THE PROGRAMME; (D) ANY UNAUTHORIZED USE OF YOUR CARD OR MEMBERSHIP; (E) ANY OFFER, REPRESENTATION, STATEMENT OR CLAIM ABOUT THE PROGRAMME, ANY AGENT OR SUPPLIER OR THEIR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, MADE BY AN AGENT, SUPPLIER OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY; OR (F) THE PURCHASE OR USE OF ANY GOODS OR SERVICES OF AGENTS OR SUPPLIERS. AGENTS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROGRAMME. 2. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR OUR OR THEIR REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES AND DAMAGES, AND WITHOUT REGARD TO THE SUCCESS OR EFFECTIVENESS OF OTHER REMEDIES.
K. No Warranty THE MONEYGRAM REWARDS PROGRAMME AND WWW.MONEYGRAM.IT ARE PROVIDED "AS-IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND. MoneyGram Rewards Programme
Our Privacy Commitment MoneyGram Payment Systems, Inc. ("MoneyGram") and MoneyGram International Limited are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
We value your trust and want you to understand how we protect, collect use and disclose the personal information you share with us. This privacy statement applies to personal information we obtain anytime you interact with MoneyGram such as when you visit our website at moneygram.com, complete transaction forms or contact MoneyGram call centres. We want to ensure you are aware of our practices for collecting and processing personal information, which is information about a person that can be used to identify that person.
What we collect
The type of personal information we collect depends on our needed uses such as to process transactions, provide products and services, and administer our business. Personal information includes contact information such as name, address, telephone number or email address, financial information including bank account information, or debit/credit card information, and other identifying information such as passport or government identification number, or date of birth, and such other information we may collect with your consent or as permitted or required by law. Generally, personal information is collected from you on transaction forms and by telephone to request product or services, and at our website to request information and manage your MoneyGram Rewards membership and benefits. Your provision of personal information upon enrollment in the MoneyGram Rewards Programme is voluntary.
How we use it
We use personal information to complete your transaction, administer any problems that may arise in effecting the transaction, to better understand and manage our ongoing relationship with you, to assure good service, to prevent fraud and abuse and other potential prohibited or illegal activities, and otherwise with consent or as permitted or required by law. MoneyGram may store personal information on databases in the United States for these purposes and for market research and direct marketing purposes associated with the MoneyGram Rewards Programme, in accordance with applicable laws.
Who we share it with
MoneyGram will not use or share personal information provided to us in ways incompatible with the ones described above without informing you and offering you a choice as provided by the European Union Safe Harbor principles described below. MoneyGram Rewards members have choices as to how we communicate with you for marketing purposes. You may choose whether to receive direct marketing offers sent by post mail, email, or phone from MoneyGram and select companies chosen for the MoneyGram Rewards Programme. Members may elect to receive these special announcements or oppose to the reception thereof, as the case may be, by making their choices known at www.moneygram.it or by calling MoneyGram Customer Service at 800.785.353. Please allow at least 4 weeks for processing. In any event, each communication received will give you the opportunity to oppose to the processing of personal data related to you for the reception of the mentioned information. For example, each email promotional message we send will also contain instructions on how to unsubscribe.
Accuracy & Access
MoneyGram wants to ensure that the information we obtain and use about you is accurate for its intended purpose and therefore we have processes to help maintain the accuracy of the personal information we collect. You can request access to your personal information or help us maintain accurate records by informing us of changes or modifications to your personal information by using one of the methods listed under "Contacting MoneyGram". In addition, MoneyGram Rewards members may log onto our website to review and correct information about yourself. We will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or enabling you to make corrections. MoneyGram will retain personal information only for the time period needed for business purposes or as required law and will ensure secure destruction thereafter.
MoneyGram uses physical, electronic and procedural security measures to protect against loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information under our control. MoneyGram uses industry-standard practices and security measures to safeguard such information. Access to personal information is restricted to employees and service providers who need to have access to that information as described in this privacy statement, in accordance with applicable laws. Our service providers are required to observe standards for the security, collection, use and sharing of personal information, and to comply with applicable law. European Union Safe Harbor MoneyGram abides by the principles of the US-European Union Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of data from the European Economic Area. MoneyGram is committed to handling such personal information in accordance with such Safe Harbor principles, and its Safe Harbor certification can be found at Safe Harbor
Preventing Identity Theft
MoneyGram is dedicated to protecting your personal information. We will never initiate a request for personal information or request your Money Transfer reference number from you by fax or email. Please do not send confidential personal information such as passport numbers, government identification numbers, or account numbers to MoneyGram via an unsecured email message. You may send personal information to MoneyGram via posted mail or using the "Contact Us" link available on our website.
Do not be misled by emails that appear to be from us and ask for personal information. If you receive a suspicious email requesting your personal information, please forward the email immediately to email@example.com. To report fraud to the Internet Fraud Complaint Center, you may contact your local MoneyGram agent or visit www.ic3.gov. This is a partnership between The FBI and the United States of America National White Collar Crime Center.
When you use our websites, we automatically collect certain standard information. Examples of this standard type of information include the type of Internet browser you use, the files requested and the domain name and country from which you request information. We use this information to improve our website, make our website function correctly, and to better understand how visitors use our website. As part of our efforts to protect customers from fraud, this information is also used to authenticate users to the website, if necessary.
Some of our web pages may contain "cookies", or data which is sent to your web browser and stored on your computer. "Cookies" allow our server to recognize you as a returning website visitor or MoneyGram customer if you return to the website using the same computer and browser. You may configure your web browser to not accept cookies or to notify you if a cookie is sent to you; if you decline cookies you may not be able to use all the functionality of our website.
Privacy practices of third parties
MoneyGram is not responsible for the content or information practices used by other websites that are linked to or from this website. In most cases, links point to information on services that may be useful to users. These sites are governed by their own privacy statements and you are encouraged to review their privacy statement before providing them with personal information. Change to Privacy Statement This website will always contain the most current privacy statement. This statement was last updated May 25, 2010. Should you have further questions regarding our privacy statement, about how your personal information is used, or about how to exercise your right of access, rectification and objection as per applicable law, you can contact us directly at:
MoneyGramPayment System, Inc.
1550 Utica Avenue South GHQ 8020
Minneapolis, Minnesota U.S.A. 55416
Attn: Privacy Officer
MoneyGram Paymen System Italy S.r.l.
Via del Poggio Laurentino 9, 00144
Roma - Italia
Attn..: Legal and Compliance Dept.
Phone: 800.785.353 or 1-800-MONEYGRAM
You hereby declare that, in regard to processing your personal and identifying data, pursuant to and by the effects of Legislative Decree 196 of 30/06/2003, the Privacy Code, you have been informed by the local affiliate or auxiliary representative of MoneyGram Payment Systems Italy S.r.l. and MoneyGram International Limited in regard to: a) the purposes and procedures for processing your personal data; b) the obligatory or optional nature of the provision of your data and the consequences of their not being provided, having been made aware that the provision of the data requested, even though optional, becomes necessary for the fulfilment of this agreement and for any consequent deeds, as well as for the effective performance of other aims authorized below in this information note; c) the parties or the categories of parties to whom your personal data may be communicated and the scope of the distribution of the data; d) the fact that the data just as they have been collected shall be transmitted abroad, e) the fact that the data controller will be MoneyGram Payment Systems S.r.l., MoneyGram Payment Systems Inc. and MoneyGram International Limited (MoneyGram) who will process your data at their respective registered offices - in Italy at the MoneyGram Payment Systems Italy S.r.l. registered offices at Via del Poggio Laurentino, 9, Rome, Italy. MoneyGram is committed to the protection of your privacy. MoneyGram adheres to the European Union Safe Harbour standards for the protection of personal data.
MoneyGram has put in place those procedures necessary to enable access to the data only to those parties who need them in order to provide customer service or to ensure support services. The data controllers guarantee that the rights covered in Article 7 of the Privacy Code, including the right of the customer to obtain updating, correction, or, in the event the controller were to require it, addition to the data and the respect for the customer's right to oppose all or a part of the processing of their own personal data, including the right to freely exercise the right of opposition by contacting MoneyGram Payment Systems Italy S.r.l. - Via del Poggio Laurentino, 9 - 00144 - Rome, Italy - Tel. +39-06.931.831. The customer, pursuant to and by the effects of the Privacy Code, expresses their consent for the processing of their personal dated, for their communication to the service representatives for all of the purposes and procedures necessary for the performance of the agreement up to its completion and even for any possible legal action.
Processing of Personal Data for direct marketing and market research
You may also give your consent so that the data controller may: a) communicate your personal data to persons, companies or entities that measure the quality of services and to third party companies for the purpose of commercial intelligence or market research and to companies in the same group or associated with it or to those companies that work closely with MoneyGram with the possibility that those same companies may process the data to make direct offers of products or services; b) process the data for the purpose of commercial intelligence or market research, for sales and/or promotional aims, to offer products or services; all by the same companies or by companies in the same group or third parties; c) communicate your personal data to: persons, companies or entities that perform banking and financial services; to persons, companies or entities that perform services for the acquisition, registration and processing of data coming from documents or media provided by or that originated from the customer, from MoneyGram Payment Systems Italy S.r.l. or from the aforementioned persons, companies or entities that provide processing and services of any kind as well as services for collections, payments, management of bills, cheques or other securities; to persons, companies or entities that perform the work of transmission, envelope-stuffing, transport and sorting of communications to customers; to persons, companies or entities that work in information management or customer relations.