Learn how to send money
Money transfer is easy with MoneyGram
Learn how to send money from MoneyGram's 334,000 locations worldwide. We make it easy to transfer money quickly and reliably. To get started, choose the type of service that fits your needs, estimate transfer costs, then find a location near you.
Transfer money - two service levels
- Same day service: fast (funds typically arrive in minutes)*
- Delayed service: low cost option (funds typically arrive the next business day)**
Send money - five easy steps
Review the simple steps below, to learn how to send money.
Step 1 - Estimate the cost to transfer money
Step 2 - Find a MoneyGram agent with our locator
Step 3 - Visit your local MoneyGram agent - Bring with you one valid identification.
- Requirements vary by country and agent. Please ask your local MoneyGram agent for details about their ID documents accepted.
Step 4 - Complete a simple money transfer form or provide all necessary information to the teller
- Hand the completed form to your MoneyGram agent along with the money you want to send, plus fees.***
- You'll receive a receipt and reference number for the transaction1.
- Save both for your records and share with the person receiving the money transfer.
Step 5 - Contact the person receiving your money transfer
- Let the person to whom you are sending money know the transfer has been sent and provide the Reference Number.
^Requirements vary by country and agent. Please ask your local MoneyGram agent for details about their process and procedures.
+Important: Your name on the transfer record must exactly match your name as it appears on your ID. If they do not match you be delayed or unable to pick up your funds.
1The Reference Numb er is not required by all receive countries or agents.